Our Honour Boards
Our Early history
Cammeray Croquet Club had its origins in a private company - Warringa Hall that had premises bounded by Yeo and Bydown St Neutral Bay and began operations in 1909. The articles of association of this company read in part:
3. To provide and construct ... a Public Hall and other suitable rooms buildings places and works convenient for the purposes thereof ......
To construct and maintain ... gardens greenhouses and pleasure grounds bowling greens and other conveniences ....
4. To permit .... public meetings exhibitions concerts lectures dinners balls dances theatrical performances and other entertainments and for reading writing and newspaper rooms libraries club rooms masonic rooms oddfellows rooms baths laundries refreshment rooms shops businesses offices teaching rooms and residences.
6. To provide amusement entertainment and instructions for the shareholders of the Company and others.
7. To carry on the business of Concert and Dancing room proprietors and managers and to provide for the production representation and performance of operas and stage plays promenade and other concerts lectures and other musical dramatic and spectacular and educational performances .....
8. To enter into agreements with actors, authors, musicians, teachers, lecturers, entertainers and other persons for the purposes aforesaid. To manage public or private socials dances and entertainments.
Sketch of Warringa in 1909
Our first century